Thursday, September 8, 2011

{MBFW 2012 Kick Off}

As you can see my schedule has put me on a very long, very unplanned hiatus from writing. Sad face.  
However the unplanned mini holiday did give me a lot of ammo inspiration for upcoming posts.
And what kind of girl would I be if I didn't cover MBFW (you betta recognize!)?
(p.s. don't expect me to be fair, I will only be covering designers/ looks I like...or absolutely hate)

Jenni Kayne Spring 2012 RTW




Oh Jenni Jenni Jenni, it's as if you've raided the closet of my mind.  A PINK SHORT SUIT!? I would fuck wear the shit out of that pink suit.  Chambray pants...heather grey...shirtdresses...cable knits- talk dirty to me!

Vena Cava Spring 2012 RTW





I can't pinpoint whether it's the sunnies or the headscarves but something about Vena Cava's latest screams "Roman Holiday".  I'm cool with it. Can we talk about this eggplant dress for a second? 1) Eggplant = big for fall, bigger for spring, 2) A graphic floral print that FINALLY doesn't look like it was an apron in a previous life.
(Disclaimer: Vena Cava did not have a runway show this go around, the featured looks are from the gallery showcase.)

While MBFW is like the Hanukkah of the fashion world, we all know that not everything translates from runway to real way. I am interested in feedback on what and how you will wear SPRING. 



xo-Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment